What is Energetic Medicine?
Energetic medicine restores harmony within the body's natural energy fields. These energy fields, when balanced with the body's physiological aspects, eliminate pain and disease. By using energy medicine, you can refuel your energy systems, clear out the negative energies and match your vibrational frequency to the frequencies of everything in your surroundings so that you can feel and be healthier.
How Does Energetic Medicine Work & What Are Its Benefits?
Have you ever felt out of sorts but couldn't quite put your finger on why? Perhaps an energetic medicine treatment would do you the world of good. The therapies used in energetic medicine allow you to reconnect with your body's own innate energy systems, bringing them back into harmony and rebalancing them to prompt self-healing.
Energetic medicine addresses the root cause of a problem on an energetic level, shifting it to facilitate healing and promote vitality. The therapies used are noninvasive and only do as much as you are comfortable with at any given time. For example, Reiki is a pure energy treatment wherein the practitioner transfers energy to the client's body using their hands without necessarily having to touch them.
By clearing out stale energy in your body, whether it is contained in the muscles, in the cerebrospinal fluid, or in the subtle unseen energy systems, you are freeing yourself from negative emotions, enhancing your health in general, and inviting fresh, new positive energy into your life. Who wouldn't love that?
Conditions That Energetic Medicine Can Help With
As it restores the balance and flow of energy throughout your energy fields and physical body, energetic medicine improves the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual aspects of your entire being. In doing so, it eliminates a wide range of ailments and diseases, including the following:
- Chronic pain
- Fears and phobias
- Colds and flu
- Digestive problems
- Musculoskeletal issues
- Heart Disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Where Can You Get Energetic Medicine or Who Provides It?
Energetic medicine can be obtained from trained energy healers like colour therapists, Reiki practitioners, kinesiologists, Feng Shui masters and the like. As energetic medicine may be used as an adjunct therapy to conventional treatments, some energy healers collaborate with other healthcare providers, while the vast majority of them work in private practice and provide one-on-one consultation.
Different Types of Energetic Medicine
Energy is responsible for life, and thus needs to be cultivated to keep the mind, body and spirit strong and free of disease. Here below are some natural energy therapies that are used for treating all sorts of ailments and conditions as well as preventive care.
- Biochemic Therapy (Tissue Salts Therapy) is a type of therapy wherein tissue salts are used to supply adequate minerals in the body in order to prevent disease and ensure the body functions normally.
- Biofeedback measures involuntary body functions like heartbeat, brainwaves, breathing, skin temperature and muscle activity, to help an individual manage these natural processes of the body and live a healthier life.
- Body Harmony is a holistic bodywork that involves listening to the body's natural intelligence to bring about harmony between the mind, body and emotions.
- BodyTalk fixes the body's internal communication system to improve mental, emotional and physical health. A light tapping technique is applied to the brain and heart to facilitate healing.
- Colour Therapy is a holistic healing system that uses the seven colours of the spectrum to restore balance and activate the body's natural healing mechanism.
- Core Energetics is a type of energy therapy that releases negative emotions rooted in childhood trauma, which make a person experience the same problems over and over again.
- Craniosacral Therapy is a type of holistic bodywork that works on the wave of fluid surrounding the brain and the spinal cord to release tension and restore the function of the nervous system.
- Crystal Light Bed Therapy helps bring disconnected energies back into harmony. It involves the use of seven quartz crystals, each bearing its own unique frequency, which correspond to the colours of the seven chakras of the body.
- Crystal Therapy cleanses the body's energy to relieve stress and pain. It involves the placement of crystals on or around the body to regulate the flow of energy in the chakras and energy channels.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is a holistic approach to treating emotional disturbances, which involves tapping the nine meridian points on the face and upper body to shift negative emotions. While some people prefer to work with a practitioner face-to-face, you have the option to work with one remotely and learn Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) online.
- ENAR Therapy is a safe, noninvasive healing system that works on the skin to stimulate the nervous system, which in turn relieves pain and restores the body's functions.
- Energy Healing is any form of healing modality that stimulates the flow of energy in the body's meridians to address imbalances, clear blockages and promote self-healing. Depending on the modality you want to work with, you can book an energy healing online service and revitalise your energy channels in the comfort of your own home.
- Feng Shui is a form of Chinese geomancy that aligns the energies in one's home or work space to promote health, positive feelings, as well as support their goals. You can have a qualified practitioner visit your place and perform an ocular inspection or you may book a Feng Shui online service.
- Kinesiology involves testing and monitoring muscle movements to identify the cause of imbalances in the physical, emotional and mental aspects of health. You can gain more information about kinesiology online or receive distance healing from a certified kinesiologist.
- Life Alignment is a therapeutic system that is used for releasing negative energies attached to difficult experiences. Whether you choose a face-to-face treatment session or book a life alignment online service, you will get the same results which are lasting in nature.
- Magnetic Field Therapy involves placing magnets on different parts of the body to balance its electromagnetic field and clear out energy blockages that cause pain and other ailments.
- NES Health is a noninvasive, non-toxic way of reading, interpreting, and shifting negative energies in the body's energy field to treat all sorts of health conditions. You can learn more about NES Health online or book a consultation with a certified practitioner.
- Neurofeedback teaches the brain to control its functions through a sound-based biofeedback technology. It can help treat a variety of neurological and mental health disorders.
- Polarity Therapy is a relaxing form of bodywork that works on the positive and negative energy points of the body to restore balance to the mind, body, emotions and spirit.
- Pranic Healing cleanses the aura by clearing out energy blockages that deplete the life force and cause disease. Given that it's a noncontact modality, you can obtain the benefits of pranic healing online.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy improves overall health by balancing the electrical charges in the body's cells, tissues and organs using a machine that emits electromagnetic frequencies.
- Reiki is a Japanese energy healing system that channels positive energy to a person's body through a Reiki practitioner's hands. Energy is restricted neither by time nor space, which means you can do Reiki online and reap the same benefits that a face-to-face treatment session offers.
- Touch for Health is a healing system that employs muscle testing to balance the flow of energy throughout the body and improve the functions of its organ systems.
- Vastu Shastra is the ancient Vedic practice of aligning a house or building with nature's positive energies to promote health, balance and harmony.
Available Energetic Medicine Courses
Energy-based medicine can be delivered in more ways than one. Some modalities involve some forms of bodywork, while the majority of them do not require any physical contact with the client. Outlined below are some of the courses that you can take to become a certified practitioner of energy medicine.
- If you want to launch a career as a biofeedback therapist, securing an accredited certificate in this field of study is key. There are short biofeedback courses available if you want to test the waters first and familiarise yourself with the principles and techniques used in this practice.
- In order to become a qualified BodyTalk practitioner in Australia, you have to complete a Certificate IV in BodyTalk. However, if you're just looking to study specific areas of the modality like muscle testing, you may sign up for short introductory BodyTalk courses.
- Weekend or short colour therapy courses will teach you how to use the colours of the visible spectrum to improve your health and overall wellbeing. Now if the goal you're aiming for is to become a certified colour therapist, it's worth investing in a more comprehensive training program.
- A certification course in core energetics can take three or four years to complete. If you're not keen on working towards a professional qualification just yet, you may take shorter core energetics courses that focus on the basic principles and techniques of the modality.
- If you're looking to specialise in craniosacral therapy, you have to complete a one-year diploma-level course. There are also other craniosacral therapy courses that you can take to meet your CPE requirements.
- Whether short or long, all crystal therapy courses will lead to a rewarding career. However, if you want to fast-track your journey, you may consider a certificate or a diploma-level qualification.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) courses are shorter than most training programs, so it won't take you long to earn your qualification. In fact, you can do so right in the comfort of your own home by studying online. Many schools in Australia offer online Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) courses, giving students the flexibility to study at their own pace without compromising their other priorities.
- Taking different energy healing courses will help you set yourself up as a reliable energy healer. If you're too preoccupied during the day, you can sign up for online energy healing courses and study at your own pace.
- A Certificate IV in Feng Shui is a one-year national qualification that will hone your skills in energy balancing and turn you into a feng shui master. If you happen to be one, taking advanced feng shui courses will deepen your knowledge and boost your credentials.
- Kinesiology courses not only prepare aspiring kinesiologists for a fulfilling career but also guide students in understanding how the organs in the body work in relation to its energy fields. And there are a lot of different study options you have, including Kinesiology - Certificate IV courses, which are designed for aspiring kinesiologists. If you happen to be one, such a course will walk you through the theory of kinesiology as well as practical steps to address health imbalances. Kinesiology - Diploma courses, on the other hand, will set the ground for a successful kinesiology practice. You will learn the theoretical and practical aspects of the modality and how to apply them in a clinical setting. If you're already practising kinesiology, you may want to look at Kinesiology - Advanced Diploma courses to build on your skills and take your career to the next level. Kinesiology course - SFEF is another advanced training program for experienced practitioners, which combine the elements of Chinese medicine and Western kinesiology. These courses teach students how to use the body's innate wisdom to facilitate healing. However, if you're not yet ready for a diploma-level qualification or a degree, there are other ways to grasp the principles and application of kinesiology through short courses that fit your schedule and interest.
- Magnetic field therapy courses do not follow a standard curriculum as there are different ways of applying the modality. If you're eyeing for a certificate or diploma, you must choose a training program which covers the specific method you want to learn.
- To qualify as a polarity therapist in Australia, you must earn an industry-recognised certificate or diploma-level qualification. Short, introductory polarity therapy courses are also available for students who want to understand the fundamentals of the modality before immersing themselves in deeper study.
- A short introductory course in pranic healing provides the basic principles and techniques for the modality. If your goal is to become a certified pranic healer, it would be wise to pursue advanced pranic healing courses that cover a range of other modalities like pranic psychotherapy and aura healing.
- Completing all of the Reiki courses will lead to a Master certificate. However, if your main goal is to transfer healing energy from a distance, completing Level 2 will suffice.
- Besides teaching students how to address pain by strengthening the body's core muscles, Touch for Health courses are designed to prepare students for a comprehensive training in kinesiology.
Energetic medicine is an interesting field of study as it can be applied to all aspects of life. Most of the training programs do not have any prerequisites, and most importantly, there are online courses available for each modality. That means you can kickstart your education whenever and wherever you see fit.
What Can You Expect From Energetic Medicine?
Energetic medicine offers an experience like no other as it treats the whole of you. Regardless if you're suffering from a physical condition or an emotional problem, the therapist will work on the energy level of your body, which in turn affects your entire being in a positive way. Visit the comprehensive listings of qualified energy medicine providers on the Natural Therapy Pages to experience the positive effects of energy-based healing firsthand.